Ulyseas has served time in advertising as copywriter and creative director selling people things they didn’t need, a ghost writer for some years, columnist of a newspaper, a freelance journalist and photographer. In 2009 he created Live Encounters Magazine, in Bali, Indonesia. It is a not for profit (adfree) free online magazine featuring leading academics, writers, poets, activists of all hues etc. from around the world. March 2016 saw the launch of its sister publication Live Encounters Poetry.
His is author of three books - RAINY: My Friend & Philosopher, Seductive Avatars of Maya: Anthology of Dystopian Lives, and, In Gethsemane: Transcripts of a Journey. http://www.amazon.com/author/markulyseas
Free ebook – special promotion at https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/seductive-avatars-of-maya
- We all need Rainy the dog in our lives By Ozlem Warren on 2 Jun. 2016 Format: Kindle Edition Mark’s wonderful book gave me a very precious dose of pause to reflect, feel the gratitude, even at darker times; accept that there is a balance in the universe and it is this balance that sustains life. As Rainy says “You cannot change anything but what you can do is to make life enjoyable and bearable for all of those people in your life, seeking your love.” We all need Rainy the dog in our lives to remind what matters most.
- Read Terry McDonagh‘s book review -“I have just finished reading, SEDUCTIVE AVATARS OF MAYA…a great read with a very unexpected and dramatic finish…Mark Ulyseas immerses us in a confused, dark, dystopian world of real and unreal figures…we feel ‘pity and fear’…and we laugh…but wonder why…enjoy this book. It’s worth it.”
- Natalie Irene Wood – book reviews on the following websites. https://msniw.tumblr.com/post/148847753273/for-rainy-he-reigneth-every-day https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1726519091 http://wwwalwayswriteagain.blogspot.co.il/2016/08/for-rainy-he-reigneth-every-day.html
email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://about.me/markulyseas
Some of his writing in Live Encounters.
- 2011 – Another year of living foolishly?
- 2012 – Yet another year of living foolishly?
- Adib Hidayat RollingStone Indonesia
- An interview with Terry McDonagh
- Antje Missbach author of Separatist Conflict in Indonesia: The long-distance politics of the Acehnese diaspora speaks to Mark Ulyseas in an exclusive interview
- Anjum Katyal, author of Habib Tanvir: Towards an Inclusive theatre, (Published by Sage Publications), in an exclusive interview with Mark Ulyseas
- Arti Murti – Fighting HIV/AIDS in Bali
- Augustian Supriatna – An Indonesian Artist
- Balinese School Teacher on survival in Bali
- Bannerghatta National Park – An overview
- Barnita Bagchi – an interview
- Biker Sam Lovett
- Catherine Jane Birch, author of KORO
- Christians of Palasari – a historical perspective
- FGM – Mama don’t cut my vagina!
- Interview with Bobby Chinn
- Ivo Coelho Priest & Philosopher – interview
- Jemma Purdey author of ‘From Vienna to Yogyakarta: The Life of Herb Feith’ speaks to Mark Ulyseas
- Jews in God’s Own Country – Kerala
- Jill Gocher – an interview
- Rainer Tormin
- Kori Jean Olsen
- Kalimero Travelling Minstrel
- Marc Wiese – Camp 14 Total Control Zone
- Marcus Robbin Last hippie Standing
- Matriarch of the Herd
- One Dollar For Music
- Paradox in Paradise
- Peter Gonsalves , Salesian Pontifical University, Rome, author of ‘Khadi: Gandhi’s Mega Symbol of Subversion’ speaks to Mark Ulyseas
- Philip Casey – and interview
- Ratu Bagus – Guru of the Art of Shaking
- Rainer Tormin
- Sea Shepherd – Captain Paul Watson
- Sabbah Haji
- Saleem Haji from Jammu & Kashmir India
- Saudi Mohammed Abdullah speaks out
- Slaughter House Balcohistan
- Shakti – a universal soul
- Surfing in Bali
- The Bali Heritage Trust – Special report
- The Myth of Mother India
- Vishnu Narain Guardian of the Forest
- The Way of Apostle Thomas – a journey into antiquity
- Whose Swastika is it anway?